The programmes I deliver can assist you in developing a whole school approach to wellbeing as recommended by NICE, introducing children to simple yet effective relaxation and mindfulness techniques in a fun and creative way.
Benefits of Yoga and Relaxation
There is lots of research into the benefits of yoga and relaxation for children including:
- Improved concentration & listening skills
- Increased readiness to learn
- Increased confidence and resilience
- Promotion of a growth mindset
- Development of physical skills
- Promotion of respect & empathy for others
- It’s FUN!
Meeting National Standards
The programmes can also provide evidence to show how your school is meeting national standards and requirements:
- OFSTED requirements (Quality of leadership (create positive ethos); effectiveness and impact of provision for pupils spiritual, moral, social and cultural development; personal development, behaviour and welfare)
- NICE guidance on social and emotional wellbeing
- Public Health England 8 principles for promoting children and young people’s emotional health and wellbeing
- Healthy Schools Status (PSHE, Physical activity, Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health, including wellbeing of staff)
- Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning
- Prevent (school has a range of initiatives and activities that promote the spiritual, moral, social and emotional needs of children)
- PE premium (increasing range of physical activity on offer and developing capacity and capability of school staff)
Staff wellbeing and relaxation sessions are also available and can be delivered as part of INSET days or twilight sessions. Please get in touch to discuss your particular requirements.